Christian Fellowship at St. John's Lafayette
We love to get together at St. John’s, and we don’t leave that to chance. From coffee hour to foyer groups, we create and enjoy opportunities for fellowship. Coffee hour after each service gives us a chance to visit with each other, and especially with those visiting St. John's. And we have really good coffee! Sunday mornings are just the beginning of our Christian Fellowship. here are a few other examples:
- St. John’s book discussions group meets nine times a year, and meetings are open to anyone. Come for one book or come for them all.
- Foyer Groups are mixed couples and singles (usually 7-9 in a group) who participate in casual meal gatherings for conversations and an opportunity to become better acquainted. Fore more information, contact Lloyd Brewer.
- We hold our "Shrove Tuesday" pancake suppers on the Sunday before, with a Mardi Gras theme and a jazz band and children’s Mardi Gras parade with floats they build at the dinner.
- Quiet Days are opportunities for reflection offered to the community. In 2014 we held five such events, including our observance of World Labyrinth Day in May.
- The 20s and 30s Group is a lively bunch (and the group, it turns out, is really open to anyone, even those folks whose age is greater than 20 +30).
e hope you will wish to participate in one or many of these opportunities for fellowship. More information about all of these opportunities for fellowship and many more can be found on the website. Of course a member of our clergy would be happy to talk with you directly. More than that, we invite you to visit St. John's and meet the wonderful people who call this church community home.
For more information, please contact St. John's Episcopal Church by EMAIL or at 765.742.4079.